What Do You Think About?

A couple of things are on my mind this morning:  what do I think about AND Matthew 6:21 “For where your treasure is there will be your heart also.” 

 

Can something be my treasure and me not think about it??  Hmm, that verse didn’t bother me so much before I made this connection.  I know we aren’t to compare ourselves to others but we do have mentors, right??  I wonder what our missionaries think about?  Sure, they are human just like me but I’m thinking their treasure is illustrated by their lives….not just their words, or their checkbooks for that matter.  Now, I’m really convicted! 

 

The enemy would have us think we are different from them.  (After all, everyone is…our DNA says so!)  He is such a clever liar.  The very Spirit of God lives in us AND He is the same no matter whose heart He lives in!  Do not give Satan the victory of that lie in your life!  Do not become crippled by who you think you are, what you think you have, where you might have gone, or even did!  Who the Son of Man sets free is free indeed!!  Let’s live like the missionaries we are!!!! 

 

 

Isaiah 43

 

18 “Forget the former things;
   do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
   Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
   and streams in the wasteland.”

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment